It’s pretty choice that we’re launching The Interpreters business in New Zealand. Partnering with local specialists, we’re about to launch both a panel and full service operating out of Auckland so to celebrate the launch, we thought we would share some things that you might not know about our Kiwi neighbours – based on our research!
Here’s 10 things you might not know about New Zealanders …
- Facebook remains the most popular social media platform but there’s less than 4% gap between Facebook and YouTube users
- 36% of Kiwis still have a landline but that means the majority don’t
- 4% of Kiwis speak Mandarin at home
- 29% have watched the Australian classic movie, The Castle
- 52% like coriander – “googles lamb recipes that incorporate coriander” to really reinforce the stereotype
- 54% use the same username and password across multiple devices
- Rock is the most popular of music genres they listen to, followed by pop – which begs the question, which genre does Crowded House fall into and who does own the rights to pavlova?
- 36% of the New Zealand have no interest in rugby … if it wasn’t our own data, we would question it
- 71% approve of the way Jacinda Ardern is handling her role as Prime Minister … ask an international audience and we feel it will be higher
- 15% are generating income based on shares/investments
For more information about what we know about New Zealand or what you might want to know, get in contact with us